News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ROTLe silencer getting loud.

Started by thetolleyman, February 19, 2012, 02:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetolleyman

Seems my ROTLe pipe is getting loud. I've read about them doing that over time. Any way to re-pack?
Tiger 955i

matts23

I think they are just ceramic inside.  I don't believe that you can service anything in them.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

AK Tiger

Getting loud?  When I had mine, it could wake the dead!
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

metalguru

Loud pipes save lives!!!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

dj_squelch

Quote from: "thetolleyman"Seems my ROTLe pipe is getting loud. I've read about them doing that over time. Any way to re-pack?

Just sell it to me and buy a new one ;)

TigerTrax

I have a ROTle ( had 2 of them ) ... They are an awesome pipe... but when they get loud .... Harley Riders scatter!

I took mine to a guy that does this sort of thing... he looked at it very closely and said... "someone put a lot of time in this"  OR  it's a Thrush or Cherry Bomb with adapter end plates.

Well ... I often wondered about that B-Cuz... the guy who built these was a street rod freak and built custom exhausts.....

Yeah.. I a bit twixed.... it was only good for about 10,000 miles.

I was told that to cut it open and repack it would be more expensive than building a new on. I put it on the shelf!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

dj_squelch

Before my tiger I had an xs650 chopper running cocktail shakers with no baffles.  There is no way in hell it can be louder than that thing!