News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Airbox mod

Started by 97tiger885, February 23, 2012, 09:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

I am going to attempt the airbox mod found on the Trophy Yahoo site.  I will post pix.  Before I do anything I need a question answered: what do I use as an easily and affordable replacement for the filter?   I don't want to cut until I decide how to install the filter.

Mustang

K&N makes a filter for the airboxes , it's like 45 bucks or so .

97tiger885

Quote from: "Mustang"K&N makes a filter for the airboxes , it's like 45 bucks or so .

That is a little better than the US$70 for the air box, but not as good as I hoped.

Mustang

Quote from: "97tiger885"
Quote from: "Mustang"K&N makes a filter for the airboxes , it's like 45 bucks or so .

That is a little better than the US$70 for the air box, but not as good as I hoped.
at least it's reusable .....clean and reuse .....you can get cleaning and re oiling kits at auto zone or most anywhere K&N filters are sold

97tiger885

Quote from: "Mustang"at least it's reusable .....clean and reuse .....you can get cleaning and re oiling kits at auto zone or most anywhere K&N filters are sold

Of course, silly me.  I was thinking use, throw away, buy another.  K&Ns are reusable.  Much, much better.  Thanks.

97tiger885

Quote from: "97tiger885"Of course, silly me.  I was thinking use, throw away, buy another.  K&Ns are reusable.  Much, much better.  Thanks.

Here is the filter K&N recommends for the 97:

K&N Product Information for TB-9091
Replacement Filters > Replacement Air Filter

K&N's replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. We make over 1,200 different replacement air filters for virtually every vehicle on the road. These filters are washable and reusable and are custom designed to fit into your existing factory air box. Their drop-in design means adding performance is simple. With most vehicles you simply remove the disposable air filter and replace it with a K&N. See applicable instruction sheet for details. Our stock replacement air filters for street vehicles are covered by our famous K&N Million-Mile Limited Warranty™ and will be THE LAST AIR FILTER YOUR VEHICLE WILL EVER NEED. [MORE]

Part TB-9091 Product Specifications
  Product Style: Panel Air Filter
Height: 0.438 in (11 mm)
Outside Length: 13.25 in (337 mm)
Outside Width: 4.938 in (125 mm)
Filter Material: Cotton Gauze
Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 0.42 oz (12 ml)
Weight: 0.67 lb (0.3 kg)
Product Box Length: 7.72 in (196 mm)
Product Box Width: 1.75 in (44 mm)
Product Box Height: 13.56 in (345 mm)

K&N TB-9091 Inventory Status
USA: In stock
United Kingdom:  In stock