News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Continental Trail Attack Tyres

Started by Tigertriple, February 22, 2012, 11:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

Has anyone used these tyres on their Girly and if so are they any good. I posted a tyre topic a few weeks ago and need a bit more info.

I haven't got the budget for Road Pilot 3,s so I'm considering these as they are £165 a pair which is a god price.

Just as a side issue Metzler Tourance are the same price. Online reviews favour the Trail Attacks over the Tourance. As I've never had experience of either any feedback from you Guys will be good.  :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Cos

Quote from: "Tigertriple"Has anyone used these tyres on their Girly and if so are they any good. I posted a tyre topic a few weeks ago and need a bit more info.

I haven't got the budget for Road Pilot 3,s so I'm considering these as they are £165 a pair which is a god price.

Just as a side issue Metzler Tourance are the same price. Online reviews favour the Trail Attacks over the Tourance. As I've never had experience of either any feedback from you Guys will be good.  :D

Personal opinion...have'em on the Tiger right now and i really like them. They're like a Road Attack with more tread. Seem to be wearing well and they stick like glue on the roads here.

So, from my own personal experience, i would recommend them.  My Tiger spends 95% of its life on tarmac now and I think they're a better road tire than the Metzeler.

Tigertriple

Cos

Quote from: "Tigertriple"Thanks Cos.  :D

Disclaimer: I refuse to be held liable in the case you hate them.  :lol:

My friend Paul (JetdocX) had them on his Steamer and hated them. I think his front wobbled at low speeds or something like that. No such issue with me on the 955

Timbox2

+1 on the Trail Attacks, my favourite tyre of all I tried on the Tiger as long as its purely road your going on, very good grip wet or dry.
The Tourance aint bad and has the edge if your mad enough to venture off road, they also happen to be the Tyre I got the most miles out of but because of the block tread I found them a bit squirrely when going for it on tarmac.

I know you mentioned you havent got the budget for the Pilot Road 3, but I must say that having put those on my current Beemer I really do think that Michelin have took the game to a new level as far as a Sport Touring tyre is concerned, and IF, and it is IF, I get anywhere near the mileage some are reporting they will actually work out cheaper than the budget options in the long run, but we shall see.
2016 Tiger Sport

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Timbox2"+1 on the Trail Attacks, my favourite tyre of all I tried on the Tiger as long as its purely road your going on, very good grip wet or dry.
The Tourance aint bad and has the edge if your mad enough to venture off road, they also happen to be the Tyre I got the most miles out of but because of the block tread I found them a bit squirrely when going for it on tarmac.

I know you mentioned you havent got the budget for the Pilot Road 3, but I must say that having put those on my current Beemer I really do think that Michelin have took the game to a new level as far as a Sport Touring tyre is concerned, and IF, and it is IF, I get anywhere near the mileage some are reporting they will actually work out cheaper than the budget options in the long run, but we shall see.

Thanks, that's food for thought. I may just hang off a bit longer and go for the Pilot 3's. They seem to get nothing other than great reviews.  :D

NKL

I wouldn't listen to what Michelin say, they claimed the Anakee 2 lasted a lot longer than the original but I noticed no difference. Trail Attacks gip better and last more than twice as long, fantastic tyres.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

haulin' daze

For me, I liked the original Anakees that came with the bike more than the Trail Attacks I have on it now. Anakees seemed more stable and wore better. Got over 9k miles on the Anakees and had plenty left. Switched to the Trail Attacks and they wear much faster. I'll be going back to Anakees after this.  :P

Oh, and I'm exclusively on-road.

NKL

You must be the only person in the world who can get Anakee's to last longer than Trail Attack's
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100