News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Alternative mirrors

Started by Tigertriple, March 08, 2012, 02:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

Can anyone recommend alternative mirrors for a Tiger. I have SW Motech mirror wideners fitted but still feel that the rear view could be better.

I have broad shoulders and find that no matter how I adjust the mirrors I always see my shoulders.  :oops:

KTM Duke mirrors seem to be popular alternatives but not sure if they are any wider. I don't want to fit bar end mirrors, so any suggetions appreciated.  :)
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

BigDan

Quote from: "Tigertriple"I don't want to fit bar end mirrors, so any suggetions appreciated.  :)

'tis a shame because they really do work! Sorry, I'm new to tigers so can't suggest anything alternative.

I take it you have raised them aswell as widened them?
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Nick Calne

Have you tried Sprint Manufacturing?  I think they used to have extended, wider mirrors that looked like the originals...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

vince

i use a 60mm round type of extender on each mirror which can be joind together to make them even wider here is a couple of links hope they work and helps you
http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/triumph ... 2127-p.asp
http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/safety- ... -755-c.asp
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Geoff W

I have the Sprint manufacturing extended mirror on my right side. A carrion crow ended up with the original embedded in itself. It is about an inch longer than the original, it looks exactly the same in all other respects, it is a reasonable price, worth trying.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

PeteH

TT, take off the bar risers and then only your elbows will be in view :wink:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Geoff W"I have the Sprint manufacturing extended mirror on my right side. A carrion crow ended up with the original embedded in itself. It is about an inch longer than the original, it looks exactly the same in all other respects, it is a reasonable price, worth trying.

+1 I have these on the Steamer and they have proved good for me with standard bars etc.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tigertriple

Quote from: "PeteH"TT, take off the bar risers and then only your elbows will be in view :wink:

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser there's always one.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

fnjeep314

My vote is in for Buell Uly mirrors. I got mine for 26 a piece. I do not have mirror extenders but with these mirrors I don't need them anymore.  Here ya go.
http://www.buellparts.net/content-product_info/product_id-1223/buell_ulysses_side_mirrors.html
I do things!