News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTF!!! Has the UK gone totally mad!!!

Started by Easy Tiger, March 21, 2012, 05:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy Tiger

I live in Canada and for the last few years have been working in Europe. I will be returning home in a few months so I thought I would purchase some stuff for my Tiger in UK. Cheaper right?

So I see on a dealer website that they can't help me if I don't give them the VIN, chassis, engine number, for legal reasons. WTF!!! Now I know that the UK is one of the most paranoid countries on the planet but really, all this information just to by some filters, come on!

I can't even order stuff online and send it to my in-laws as the CC billing address doesn't match the delivery one. The world has indeed gone balmy!!
2002 Triumph Tiger 955i

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Easy Tiger"So I see on a dealer website that they can't help me if I don't give them the VIN, chassis, engine number, for legal reasons. WTF!!! Now I know that the UK is one of the most paranoid countries on the planet but really, all this information just to by some filters, come on!

I can't even order stuff online and send it to my in-laws as the CC billing address doesn't match the delivery one. The world has indeed gone balmy!!

It would appear that they suspect so in France at the moment.

I know what you mean regarding the mismatch of billing and delivery addresses, I face the same thing and even have to have two separate PayPal accounts with different cards registered.

If you are dealing with a smaller supplier and call them up to explain, they may take the order by phone or email, after they have done it once and it's in their system it's usually not a problem. Bigger companies are a different story  :roll:

It's not just the UK, US and other EU countries have caused me the same grief.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tigertriple

I agree how insane this is, however for us Brits trying to buy in the USA is just as difficult if you don't have a US Bank Account or PayPal account.

The World has indeed gone mad :roll:
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Chris Canning

One day David Attenborough will do a nature program dumbest animal,at the very least the UK biker will be top 3!!!,hence why the retailer wants the VIN number to cover their own arse,because the moron on the phone will qoute you anything from the year of registration to when they actually bought it neither of which is any indication of year of manfacturer,but if the wrong part turns up they'll be more than happy to shove up your ass cuz it's the wrong part and tell you,should have asked!!!!

Of course one has to bare in mind the retail punter,can be the treacherous,disloyal,two faced scumbag you will ever wish to meet,and a lot of the time that can depend on only a couple of pounds sterling.

It's a fine line between I'm never going to use them again' to Oh well ther not bad'

There's two sides to every story  :D

Timbox2

Quote from: "Easy Tiger"I live in Canada and for the last few years have been working in Europe. I will be returning home in a few months so I thought I would purchase some stuff for my Tiger in UK. Cheaper right?

So I see on a dealer website that they can't help me if I don't give them the VIN, chassis, engine number, for legal reasons. WTF!!! Now I know that the UK is one of the most paranoid countries on the planet but really, all this information just to by some filters, come on!

What Tiger have you got, and what filters do you want? There maybe other options  :wink:
2016 Tiger Sport

Easy Tiger

Thanks for the reality check Chris. Yes there is always two sides to every story. And you are quite correct, when "we" do order the wrong parts it's always the dealer/suppliers fault, never the bozo who said "yes, that is definitely my bike"!!! Point taken, I will try and be more tolerant, but it'll be hard grrrrrrrr!!!!!

And my wife (bless her) got the VIN off the bike for me, I now however owe her for touching such a filthy dirty smelly thing.......hmmm, now where have I heard that before   :shock:
2002 Triumph Tiger 955i

aeronca

FILTRATION WITH OUT REPRESENTATION!!!!! this is why we fought the revolutionary war - they new one day we would need filter's.( no - really, it's true  :shock: )
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!