News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dead R/R Again!!

Started by robxxxx, March 25, 2012, 11:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

I never checked my bike till it broke down in Scotland, i kept the battery on trickle charger when not in use and just rode it when it fired up cheers Spud  :wink:

HockleyBoy

Thanks guys, probably nothing to worry about as the battery always shows 12.7 to 12.9 when I come back to the bike but I am paranoid about the whole thing now and don't really trust the Tiger anymore.

Its going to have to do a lot of trouble free miles now not to be replaced.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Spud

I love mine and I'm planning some big trips, if it dies I'll call the RAC cheers Spud  :wink:

oxnsox

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I get mid 12s sometimes when she's hot. I was worried enough to think about turning back from a 500 mile trip whe it happened recently, but then thought "what the hell, let's go".  1500 miles in, it's still ok.  I will get round to the SAS mod one of these days.
And thats the thing... for all the folks that have this issues there is more that don't.
Yes it's an issue, and if it gets you its a big one, but it doesn't seem to be large enough to have warranted a recall or major rework. Just saying...

And like Bixer I'll run her stock till... whenever. or maybe I'll be too late.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "oxnsox"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I get mid 12s sometimes when she's hot. I was worried enough to think about turning back from a 500 mile trip whe it happened recently, but then thought "what the hell, let's go".  1500 miles in, it's still ok.  I will get round to the SAS mod one of these days.
And thats the thing... for all the folks that have this issues there is more that don't.
Yes it's an issue, and if it gets you its a big one, but it doesn't seem to be large enough to have warranted a recall or major rework. Just saying...

I use the Tiger to commute fair distances as well as the fun stuff (i am covering around 20k miles a year) and for me reliabilty is a key issue as I am sick of roadside fixes, recovery trucks and train rides home.

Having replaced the stator, regrec (3 times) and battery, rewired and done Sas mod I am still seeing (everyday) 12.3 to 12.5v at tickover when engine is hot and it concerns me.  Next step is (another) new battery, higher rated before i start disussing (possibly) faulty new Stators with Electrexworld.

I love my Tiger (best bike I have ever owned) but do not have the time or money to keep trying to resolve an issue that should never have arisen in the first place.

Those that haven't had these problems are very lucky indeed!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: "oxnsox"

Me too,I have a brand stator and a R/R as spares that I bought along the way incase,and thats it,the only time I even think about it is when this post turns up.