News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Another new member: First Post

Started by Stitch, March 26, 2012, 01:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitch

I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Tiger Silver/Black with 17k and have joined the Tiger Triple "clan". In the last few weeks, I have been scouring the forum for tips, tech, and what to do/not to do(s).

I wish to take the opportunity to say a big Thank You to the contributing members for the valued contributions that has been posted. To get the "Tigger" in top shape, I used the information to perform the recent following mods: Super bright LEDs, MRA windshield, modulating headlights, add on modulating rear light, center stand, mirror & bar extensions, Tune ECU items, ordered a set of lowered pegs from "Mustang", followed "Sasquatch" advice on front fork springs and am hopefully procuring a Hyperpro rear shock soon, and replacing the stock chain/spockets this coming week. Couldn't be happier with these mods and certainly love the Triumph Machine.

As soon as I get used to using the forum for posts/contributions, I will hopefully add some useful content such as my LED front fork sidemarker replacement or my gel seat refurb or my top luggage pad for the Mrs.

My "new" Tiger will be used for daily commuting and some 2 up riding adventures with my lovely bride.

Thanks again,
Stitch (a.k.a. John)
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

HockleyBoy

Welcome aboard, if those are your starting mods you are doing pretty well!  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Stitch

Thank you for the replies....

I have wanted a Tiger for several years and the mods are "dialing it in" for the better. This has been the best bike I have owned to date.
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

NZDeano

Welcome Stich, you are doing some awesome mod's straight up. I have taken the slower route and trying to get some riding under my belt before deciding exactly what I want to do. Plus it's a money thing. I spent a small fortune on doing mod's to a Triumph Scrambler and then ending up deciding it wasn't really the bike for me, so sold it, and lost a lot of money.
One thing I have just done is fit a Triumph racing can and it's appropriate tune a few days ago, then did a 800km scenic & very twisty ride with new rubber on as well. The tune has sorted the 3-4,000rpm surging problem and the bike handled so well I was able to outride a very experienced friend on his GS (I dont think he was too impressed actually)
Can you please post some photo's up if you get a chance because its always good to see the mods on the bike to make decisions.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400