News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hello and help needed

Started by Trig, March 28, 2012, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trig

I have only just joined this forum but had my 1050 since 07 so hello All.
Now to the help needed, if my bike doesn't start first time she sometimes doesn't start at all, it looks like the clutch micro switch is at fault; I pull the clutch lever in press the starter and she starts, but there are times when she doesn't start she spins up but cuts out, if I press the starter again nothing happens, but if I hold in the starter and release the clutch lever a little she will spin up but doesn't always start, if she hasn't started by the 3rd or 4th try the battery is dead, any clues or advice please.

John Stenhouse

Get a better battery, and dose the switch with WD40
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Agree, if you're still on the original battery it's time for a new one and ACF50 works well long term, doesn't dry out like WD40 but costs a lot more.

And welcome to the forum.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Agree, if you're still on the original battery it's time for a new one and ACF50 works well long term, doesn't dry out like WD40 but costs a lot more.

And welcome to the forum.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint