News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Strange Headlight Shenanigans

Started by bunker, April 02, 2012, 08:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

I've suffered from intermittantly working headlights, so yesterday i decided to have a closer look.  The bulbs are fine, the fuse is intact so i checked the status of the wiring on the 2 relays sat between the headlights themselves.  The relay on the top (a Hella one) was fine, the relay on the bottom (a Fiamm one) looked like this:

I stripped back the cruddy, hard insulating tape and put some new connectors on.  I had a spare Hella headlight relay (12v 30w from TOL) so i replaced the old Fiamm one whilst i was at it.  I replaced the connectors number for number.  I now have headlights that come on, but when i hit the full beam switch.....they go out.  And when i hit the pass buttom the relay just clicks and the lights don't come on.

Wth?

Are both the relays not the same? or is the gate positioning different on the bottom one?

Cheers, Chris
Tiger 885

bunker

Gave the wires a shoogle when i went out to the bike earlier - everything ok  :roll:
Tiger 885

Sin_Tiger

If you could can that shoggle stuff it would sell better than WD40  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

i cant remeber what relays i had and have now got on my tiger but i remeber when i stripped it down the relay pins were in a bad way. almost like yours. when i get back to england ill look at mine and tell you what i got on there now. as they seem to be ok
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)