News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WANTED: Steamer gear lever.

Started by pegleg, April 02, 2012, 10:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pegleg

Hi guy's,
I'm a recent convert to the wonderful world of the Tiger, after a long wait.
I bought a 45,000 mile bike for £1000 so it needs a bit of tidying.
I am in need of the correct lever that fits on the splined shaft from the gearbox, if anyone can help please.
New is a bit pricey.
Item 6 in the picture.

rybes

at the mo i cant think what the joints called cos its late n im tired but i have seen just those joints on ebay for sale. have been thinkin of gettin some to replace the worn bits on mine. if i find em ill post up a link
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

pegleg

Quote from: "rybes"at the mo i cant think what the joints called cos its late n im tired but i have seen just those joints on ebay for sale. have been thinkin of gettin some to replace the worn bits on mine. if i find em ill post up a link
Thanks Rybes.
I bought my Tiger from a Danish guy living in the UK funnily enough.
I actually need the lever that fits on the splined gear shaft.
My Tiger has a Sprint engine fitted and the lever is wrong.
You are probably thinking of the 'Rose' joints also called 'Spherical', 'Heim' or 'Rod Ends'

Ta, Daz.

Mustang

Quote from: "pegleg"
Quote from: "rybes"at the mo i cant think what the joints called cos its late n im tired but i have seen just those joints on ebay for sale. have been thinkin of gettin some to replace the worn bits on mine. if i find em ill post up a link
Thanks Rybes.
You are probably thinking of the 'Rose' joints also called 'Spherical', 'Heim' or 'Rod Ends'

Ta, Daz.
it's the shift drum inside the gearbox that is wrong for a tiger not your lever .

the only lever that will fit on the tiger is the one you have .

if your gear pattern is 1 up and five down using the sprint shift drum .
you need to replace it with a tiger shift drum is the only way to correct the backwards shift pattern :D

pegleg

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "pegleg"
Thanks Rybes.

Ta, Daz.
it's the shift drum inside the gearbox that is wrong for a tiger not your lever .

the only lever that will fit on the tiger is the one you have .

if your gear pattern is 1 up and five down using the sprint shift drum.
you need to replace it with a tiger shift drum is the only way to correct the backwards shift pattern :D
Aha, that would explain why it was fitted pointing down.
It is 1 down five up.
It's made of aluminium and about 2" long, so i have no idea what it's from, but it does the job.
Ok not to worry then, i was just trying to make it more standard.
Thanks for clearing that up rybes. :D

pegleg

It looks like the lever is from a Speed Triple.
Looks like i have a modified version of item 1, to clear the bottom frame rail.