News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tail riser / jack-up kit????

Started by deiferdog, April 13, 2008, 10:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earthscape

Hey Pat,
Yeah, been loving my "new" Tiger just over 10 years now.  Finally got it all straightened out, and it's better than ever.  I especially love the 49.9 MPG now!  When I wear out my old Dunlops I've got a set of Karoo Travellers in the garage waiting to try.

How do you like the Scrambler?  I keep thinking I'd like to have one of those too...
2004 KTM 950 Adventure....1998 Triumph Tiger....1999 KTM 640 Adventure....1993 Kawasaki KLX650....2007 Kawasaki KLX350S....1996 Yamaha XT350

nightrunner

Quote from: "deiferdog"Does anyone know if you can get shorter dog-bones to raise the tail of a tiger ?

Perhaps no one has said yet because its obvious, but you do have your eccentric adjuster set for the higher ride height already, right?

On that same note, has anyone gone up a link or two on the chain to allow the eccentrics to rise higher?  Just a thought.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

JetdocX

Ride height is adjustable using the rear shock.  Even the stocker I took off had that adjustment.

Just sayin, I'd try that first because it's quick and easy to do.
From parts unknown.

intotheabis

I want to lower my Steamer by 2'', I have raised the forks by about 1'' in he triples but I need the rear much lower. On my KLR I used lowering links, are any made for the tiger or if I fabricated longer shock links would it drop the bike?
Any help would be appreciated.
Intotheabis

rf9rider

Easy way to lower the rear by about an inch is to rotate the eccentric adjusters 180 degrees, so the rear wheel axle sits lower, you`ll also have to raise the chainguard at the rear so the chain clears the guard.

intotheabis

Quote from: rf9riderEasy way to lower the rear by about an inch is to rotate the eccentric adjusters 180 degrees, so the rear wheel axle sits lower, you`ll also have to raise the chainguard at the rear so the chain clears the guard.[/quote

I have heard that but how do you adjust the chain if you try to rotate them?
I saw were someone, flipped them around but not clear how that would accomplish anything either.
Does anyone have any photos of this mod?
Intotheabis

intotheabis

I have heard of that but not sure how to accomplish that and still have proper chain adjustment.
I have also heard of flipping the chain adjusters but how does that work?
Anyone have any photos of this being done?
Intotheabis

JetdocX

The axle bolt is in an eccentric hole to the swingarm chain tensioner in which it rides.  It doesn't matter whether the axle is in the top half or bottom half of the chain tensioner bore.  I've not done it, but there are photos here if you are diligent in your search.
From parts unknown.

rf9rider

Rotating the adjusters doesn`t make any difference to adjusting the chain, just do it like normal.