News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SS bolts - loose

Started by BruKen, April 27, 2012, 01:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Anecdotally, my son and I went to the range today with a Ruger .22.  I had previously had the barrel drilled for a rail so I could mount a red dot sight.  

I spent a few magazines sighting the thing in only to find out the rail was losening from the barrel as it heated up.  This is with the blue loctite.

Guess I'll try the red next.... :oops:
From parts unknown.

Bixxer Bob

:lol:   And with your background you should know better....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BruKen

And shove some of these in too. No SS or copperslip mind  :shock:

:lol:  

Just how rapidly and many shots are you firing off? Locktite blue softens at 400 F

JetdocX

All three mounting screws were loose.  :?

Not sure how hot the barrel was, but the trigger was warm.

What temp does the red unglue?
From parts unknown.

BruKen

BruKen

JetdocX

700 is too high.  I want to be able to pull the rail off the barrel and go with the iron sights once in a while.
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"700 is too high.  I want to be able to pull the rail off the barrel and go with the iron sights once in a while.
are we talking rifle or pistol ? the rail that came with my Ruger 22/45 pistol lets me leave it on permanently and still use the iron sights .
I had to go to Loctite red ...nothing else would hold the screws in .

BruKen

I'd get advice from a gunsmith tbh. Taking advice from me / on a motorcycle site is liable to get you into all sorts of trouble when you plug the neighbours cat by accident cos the sights came loose.

EDIT: I see Mustang just answered you. You know he's always right 'bout things. so I'll just bow out, ....

Mustang

Quote from: "BruKen"I'd get advice from a gunsmith tbh. Taking advice from me / on a motorcycle site is liable to get you into all sorts of trouble when you plug the neighbours cat by accident cos the sights came loose.

EDIT: I see Mustang just answered you. You know he's always right 'bout things. so I'll just bow out, ....
we don't need no stinkin gunsmiths ..............
you should always get advice for guns from M/C boards and advice for your bikes from AR15.com  :ImaPoser

JetdocX

Gonna give the red a try. :lol:

Same pistol only with tapered barrel and short sights.  The rail effectively blocks the rear sight.

Now back on topic. :oops:
From parts unknown.