News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

funny noise

Started by rybes, April 21, 2012, 04:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

nice one cheers Mustang  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

PeteH

Check out T online..better picture..

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/tiger-9 ... 7624-p.asp

When I replaced the girlies bottom bearing I ground it down on a linisher just enough to remove the interference fit, then used it to drift the new outer home.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Mustang

Rybes ,

Here's what we got .............

this is the 96 frame and you can see the silver part on the top of the steering neck , that is the Item #3 in your drawing , it is what the top tapered bearing  race fits into .

and on 98 frames that part is omitted and this bearing with snap ring takes the place of item #3 and bearing #4

item #3 takes a 47mm diameter bearing which is #4 in your list
the bottom bearing for all year steamers is the #2 55mm diameter bearing

if your serial # is below 43783 you need to have #2 #3 and #4 taper bearing

43783 and upwards on vin only needs p/n#PFKL1215805    HEADSTOCK BEARING on the upper side

like this one with the snap ring
the snap ring positions it in the right place

on yours item #3 is what positions the upper taper bearing in the right spot

rybes

well my frame number is 12354 so i obviously need the taper bearins. i thought number 3 was for holdin the differnt bearin. cheers for settlin that one mustang and cheers for the pics and description  8) i think the best thing for me to do is go out there in a bit and take it all apart again and have a good look at it.
the rubber seal on the bottom bearin, does it go inside or out side the frame ? my guess is inside but it dont hurt to ask.
cheers pete for the idea i got the bearins in already i jus cant work out why the steerin stem appears longer than it should do. as in i cant tighten the new bearins up enough.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)