News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Soliciting comments: Cast wheels.

Started by Kill Switch, January 14, 2005, 08:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kill Switch

Looking for your opinions of the cast wheels on the new Tiger, especially any off road experience.

Thanks.

Mr Mistoffelees

No idea about off road experience, but after cleaning with WD40 for the first couple of time , they are damn easy to keep clean   :D
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions

abell

I would say they are quite hard work to clean compared with most cast wheels, particularly the 3-spoke Brembo rims on Triumph sports bikes. But I am sure they are a hell of a lot easier than spokes.

Again no comments on offroading them, but I must say the Anakee is an absolutely fantastic all-weather street tire.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

tomla

...I know BMW had problems with the cast wheels on their cop bikes....but  I can't remember how they resolved it.  I know wire wheels have a sort of suspension built right into them, and cast wheels have to rely on their design/metallurgy for that...too brittle, and no good, too stiff and no good...

I'm considering an '05 now that my '01 is a probable total loss, so I'll try to find more on this....