News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New 885i owner just saying hi for now

Started by benebob, May 09, 2012, 02:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benebob

Picked up a 99 885i with 18k on the odo last week.  So far happy as can be after retiring my daily rider 71 Honda CB175 to a garage museum the week before.  Will have plenty of questions, etc. in coming weeks as I will probably do a complete fluid change and valve adjustment as I don't know if the 12k was done or not  As for now I'm in the market for some factory bags (black would be more valuable to me), bag mounts, valve tool and a center stand.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Mustang

welcome,

most if not all your questions can be answered here without even having to ask

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5025

and try http://www.twistedthrottle.com for a center stand

valve tool is not needed to check the clearances
it's good if you need to reshim a couple but you can also pull the cams to do it without a tool .

as the bikes get older it is harder to find stuff like factory bags ...........

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Chad

Quote from: "benebob"Picked up a 99 885i with 18k on the odo last week.  So far happy as can be after retiring my daily rider 71 Honda CB175 to a garage museum the week before.  Will have plenty of questions, etc. in coming weeks as I will probably do a complete fluid change and valve adjustment as I don't know if the 12k was done or not  As for now I'm in the market for some factory bags (black would be more valuable to me), bag mounts, valve tool and a center stand.

welcome aboard  :D

im pretty new here myself but can assure you that you will not find a more friendly and helpful bunch people :friday
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

benebob

Thanks for the link.  As for the SW Motech centerstand.  It doesn't list one for 99 but I'm guessing that is a misprint.  The 99 885i should be the same as the 2000 right which it lists?
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800