News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by maddog666, May 16, 2012, 08:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog666

Im after an aftermarket can for my 2000 885, ive heard through the tinterweb that you can fit a 955 can as they are the same size, can anyone out there confirm this?

Any info appreciated as my bike is way too quiet at the moment with its std can on.

Also no nothing about re-mapping so any info appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Hello everyone :-)

Chris Canning

Same pipe,but do you have the square collector box still on yours?

cheeheese

I installed this can last night on my '99 885i

https://www.blueflameperformance.com/bi ... utlet.html

I still have the original collector box. Removed the stock pipe and silencer, and replaced with the new one. 20 minute job.
15 Superduke R 1290, 06 Superduke 990, 99 Tiger 885i, 90 VFR 400 NC30 (UK)

maddog666

Great stuff thanks for that, looks a good price n all, think I will be treating myself to one.

One question though, is the picture a true representation of the exhaust as on my standard can it has a section of pipe fixed to the silencer which connects to the main exhaust just below the rear pegs

BigDan

Go for the dual port! lol

Am i the only one on here that loves them? Makes the can and the bike look meatier.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

cheeheese

the price includes the connector pipe form the can to the collector box.

ya, the original is a single unit, whereas the blue flame is two pieces, obviously the can is also used on other bikes; easier for production.

cheeheese

i dont think so Dan, from all the videos ive watched and forums i've trawled, it seems the dual port is the more popular of the two.

but from what ive heard on those videos and what i heard last night, i cant tell the difference tbh

Chris Canning

Quote from: "maddog666"Great stuff thanks for that, looks a good price n all, think I will be treating myself to one.

One question though, is the picture a true representation of the exhaust as on my standard can it has a section of pipe fixed to the silencer which connects to the main exhaust just below the rear pegs

Do more home work,the original aftermarket can came with a straight through pipe to replace the collector,more HP and easier to clean

Chad

Go Remus Revolution  link pipe annd slip on can ,

i just love the sound of this thing  8)  8)

Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

Chris Canning

That doesn't solve the problem of the collector box,and yes I too have a Remus far more sophisticated  :oops:

Chad

thats a pretty interesting front end you have there Chris  :D tell me more :D
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

Chris Canning

I think Mustang would say hit the search button Chris Canning and if all else fails I'll tell you then  :D