News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fork seal removal

Started by rybes, June 01, 2012, 06:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

all it needs is a spare modded fork cap. i got a spare so ill be gettin one made up  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPDtFkk6Hc4&feature=related
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

nice........ :thumbsup

makes you wonder how he discovered that trick  :oops:

rf9rider

Nice idea, but, what if your seals are leaking?

Surely the air would just escape through the leaking seal?

PeteH

So whats the point of removing a perfectly good fork seal? Surely if took 70psi to pop it no oil would be leaking out?
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

rybes

as long as you can put more air in faster than whats leakin out you wont have a problem. the seal will get pushed out

rf9rider

If you do it Rybes, let us know how it goes

rybes

will do mate. im back in england on monday so ill dig out n old set of forks n see how it goes  :wink:

rf9rider

Had to replace a leaking fork seal on mine today, did it the old way  :lol:

We` re off to Gran Canaria on Thursday for a week, i`ll get in touch when we get back and i`ll have a ride over for those chips you promised  :lol:

rybes

ok mate. tho they aint lookin as good as they did when i got em for ya  :lol:  have a good time away  8)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"ok mate. tho they aint lookin as good as they did when i got em for ya  :lol:  have a good time away  8)

:lol:  :lol:

Cheers mate.