News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTT: 99 Honda Blackbird for Girly

Started by mvg2, June 12, 2012, 07:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvg2

Hey Guys (and ladies) I thought I would take my one in a million chances and post up a want to trade ad. You never know until you try right?  :)

Here's what I have to offer someone who is looking for a change of pace.

1999 Honda cbr1100xx with 53k easy miles on her, which is barely broken in for this motor :) I have always drooled over this bike and a great trade came up so my V-strom left the stable and a Bird came in.  This bike is something to be experienced! The engine just pulls at any speed but above 6grand she switches personality and takes off and with the bar risers is terrific at eating up the miles.  The reason she is up for trade is that I really miss hitting up the gravel roads and jeep trails.  I just cant make myself take her there  :D

Trade

I am looking for a Girly in good shape and am willing to do a little traveling for the right deal.  Let me know.

Little about the bike:

Mechanical Condition:
Outstanding.  Maintenance is all up to date and I would take her any distance anytime.  Actually if I can't find a suitable trade the blackbird and I are going on our annual 2,000 mile trip through the Smoky's in late July.  No worries about reliability with this bike.

Cosmetic Condition
The bike is in very good physical condition and she shows extremely well.  I'm the guy who like to get into every nook and cranny when cleaning  :D There is a couple of light scratches on right side fairing that can't be seen unless you really get close to it.  The largest cosmetic flaw is a crack in the rear plastic from a past remote reservoir from a penske shock.  The previous owner had to show it to me because it went undetected with my eyes.

Maintenance
1. Brand new PR2 installed
2. recent coolant flush
3. new fork springs and fluid
4. newer cct
5. chain/sprocket good shape
6. pads good shape
7. fresh oil change
8. k&n cleaned and charged
9. new iridium plugs

Farkles
1.  LSL bar risers -  put any 7/8 bar on there that you desire.  I sit pretty upright with current config. Also have original clip ons that go to new owner.
2.  Peg lowering brackets
3. PCII -  have a good map installed that runs smooth and will get 200mi/tank
4. vance & hines slip ons - not too loud
5. K&N air filter
6. 12v plug on bars
7. Givi tail rack

Now for the money shots!  :D

If you have any questions or want any additional pics pm me or email  mailto:mikevgavin@yahoo.com">mikevgavin@yahoo.com.  Thanks for looking!
-Mike

Bixxer Bob

Hi MVG, and first no, I'm not looking for a swap, I already have both.

What I was gonna say was if you decide to do the trip on the 'Bird, just watch the weight. Folks fit aftermarket pipes not realising that the OEM stainless exhausts are heavy for a reason; they are a stressed member, bracing the subframe to the bottom of the frame.  Without them the subframe has a tendency to twist and you start rubbing a groove in the swingarm withe the edge of the can. The previous owner of my Bird made that mistake.  Just sayin'........
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mvg2

Quite a cool stable you got there Bob  :D   If I could afford to keep the Bird and add a Girly to the stable I would.  Sadly, finances and space won't allow it.

Thanks for the heads up on your misfortune with the subframe.  Fortunately there is no sign of that going on here.  Even loaded and two up I have not seen any signs of it. Actually, that's the first I have heard of such an issue even after my extensive reading on the bird sites.  Awesome bikes though!

Anyone out there looking for something different?  :D

mvg2

Still looking for a Girly that's in as good shape as my bird.  Also willing to travel a bit for the right bike.  Let me know what you have :D

- Mike