News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Which tune?

Started by yamaha6, June 15, 2012, 08:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineygroveshop

I decided today would be the day I mess with tune ecu.  My Tiger 955, vin 144220, has an unknown map type 10082.  I can't save it to return to in the future.  Should I go ahead with 10120?
Cheers,
Stephen

yamaha6

I would not change the map if i could not save the one in my bike.

Bixxer Bob

If it won't let you save your map it will be one of three things:

a.  The map is corrupt (most usual cause)
b.  It doesn't recognise the map (just guessing here, but Tune ECU is more choosey than Tuneboy when it comes to uploading / downloading.  Or it could just be me.... :roll: )
c.  Battery volts a bit low.  This normally only affects uploading tunes but is a possibility.

10082 is a very old map, only ever come across it once.  Only you can decide whether to swap it.   As long as the map is meant for a Sagem 1000 it'll run ( had Speed Triple and Daytona maps in mine).  Whether it'll run better .......
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

pineygroveshop

After an afternoon of googling I decided that the 10082 was just old and obsolete.  Installed the 10120 and the bike runs fine in the garage.  I don't anticipate any adverse behavior.  I'll let y'all know otherwise.
Cheers,
Stephen

rhubarb

Hi ya,

I've got a 2001 955i with 1200 miles. Just done a service - plugs, oil filter, K&N air filter, fuel filter, fitted the off road can (Part No. A9601014) and done the air box mod. I am going to take it to a main dealer and let them install a tune.

What one do I need to ask them to install?

Cheers

pineygroveshop

The dealer will know which one.  Your VIN will be taken into consideration; however, without checking I believe it is 10121.
Cheers,
Stephen

Bixxer Bob

Hey Rhubarb, where you takin' it?  I used to ride through Langford every day on my way to work.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rhubarb

Hi Bixxer Bob,

I'm going to run it over to Worburn.
Langford is a great little village we had our ARSE day yesterday (Anual Raft Sailing Event) down the river.

Cheers pineygroveshop, I didn't have a clue what to ask for if they were to ask me.

rhubarb

Ok, I gave my local Triumph dealer a bell today to book it in for a re-map.
I was told that unless it was standard I need to let them know what one I want them to install. So I done a bit more digging around on here.
One of the posts said that had done Air Box Mod, K&N Filter and TOR exhaust - The answer was -  Just make sure your Bike's VIN is within the range VIN 124106 to 206546.
My VIN is 1137115 will this tune be ok ???????

Cheers for any help

rhubarb

Or can any one point me in the right direction so i can look it up for myself and tell them what one to install.

Cheers