News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Heated hand grips

Started by Easy Tiger, June 25, 2012, 01:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy Tiger

So I am progressing with getting my bike back on the road but as I go on I am finding more and more things that need attention. The latest is the OEM heated grips. The rubber is pretty warn and after I stripped down the left hand side of the handle bars I found the wiring for the grip just wrecked. Now, can I simply fit a new set of heated grips (Hot Grips or Oxford) and wire them into the OEM switch on the instrument cluster? I have no clue when it comes to electrickery.

Cheers.
2002 Triumph Tiger 955i

Sin_Tiger

I would use the controller that comes with the grips. The Oxford one has 3 control levels plus a voltage monitor that fetches them off when the VDC gets down to less than 12, useful if you get a problem with your charging circuit, might just be the difference between making it to refugee and pushing it  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint