News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Trophy

Started by metalguru, June 25, 2012, 08:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalguru

2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

BigDan

Have you seen what it looks like from the front?

2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

metalguru

Beat me to it mate

:ImaPoser
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

fraser ross

Yankee Dog

I am likeing it. Although I will admit it seems a bit portly, but no more so than the other entries in the genera. Big bags, big tank, big weather protection.

I just hope the ergos are not as agressive as the GT. That what killed that one for me.

Chris Canning

Well I don't do barn doors not my thing,and the BM sites are well miffed that it's nothing more than a copy,BUT to understand what this bike can offer you really need to have owned a K  :oops: ,then you will.

When it comes to warranties BM are a league infront of everyone else,but there's a reason for that  :roll: .

cosmo

Likely true. A good mate of mine has a brick. HE told me many times that owning a BMW M/C has prevented him from ever wanting a BMW car.

He now has a Gold Wing, though has not sold the brick.

Cosmo

New Trophy interesting, as my first Hinckley was a 900 Trophy from '96.
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

metalguru

It is ironic that the design of the brick first appeared many years ago from the engineering team at Aerial. There is still one Red Leader in the museum in Birmingham (UK). However their design wasn't put into full production as it had 'problems'. Makes you think..........
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

The Midnight Rambler

622lbs. Makes the Explorer look like a lightweight.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

Bixxer Bob

Go on then, have a stab at the price.  And for the fully loaded version.

My guess is BMW 1200RT + EXTRAS - 2%

Oh, and they don't half bang on about the stereo, which has been standard in cars for about a hundred years, and on a Gold Wing for about 50, and on an RT for about 25.

Fair does tho' they've made a good fist of amalgamating the gadgets on all the other tourers, not just the beemer :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Spud

Price for the SE will be 16.5k to you sir the standard model will be under 14k cheers Spud  :wink:

Timbox2

Well Ive got a K, and I find it quite interesting, probably more interesting when my warranty expires :shock:

What I find exciting is the fact that maybe we could see UK plod back on Triumphs
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Timbox2"Well Ive got a K, and I find it quite interesting, probably more interesting when my warranty expires :shock:

Like as in not having to spend £300+ on a warranty in fear of your bike shitting itself  :D ,what ever it lacks in performance to a K it'll make up in reliabilty.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "metalguru"It is ironic that the design of the brick first appeared many years ago from the engineering team at Aerial. There is still one Red Leader in the museum in Birmingham (UK). However their design wasn't put into full production as it had 'problems'. Makes you think..........

Which museum is that, I grew up with Ariel's and didn't know that had survived, that's a brand that had a lot going for it but killed by mismanagement like most of the others.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

metalguru

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
Quote from: "metalguru"It is ironic that the design of the brick first appeared many years ago from the engineering team at Aerial. There is still one Red Leader in the museum in Birmingham (UK). However their design wasn't put into full production as it had 'problems'. Makes you think..........

Which museum is that, I grew up with Ariel's and didn't know that had survived, that's a brand that had a lot going for it but killed by mismanagement like most of the others.

Birmingham Motorcycle Museum, they have a picture of it on their site too. It was very advanced for its day.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers