News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

feeler FS: 2003 Tiger part out, wheels, gel seats

Started by eatalotapeaches, July 03, 2012, 07:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatalotapeaches

Motor went south years ago and the idea of giving up on her is still hard.  I have been on fence about parting out for a while now.  At least she could potentially be an organ donor.  Is there any interest in:

pair of spoked wheels w/ disks
gas tank / full plastics
oem or gel seats
frame w/ clear title

I'd need to at least get the ball rolling with a large ticket item before I commit to chopping it to bits.  Open to offers with those or other large items.  I can be reached via email @gmail gregorydroach.  If this is against the rules let me know, I just really don't know what the going rate is with these parts or if I'm ready to sell them yet.
2003 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange 50k

Mustang

how much for the whole bike as is ?

matts23

I could be interested in the wheels, if you don't decide to sell it whole.  I am not sure what the set is worth.  I just want a set to send out and have them relaced with 17" rims.  PM me if you have any idea of what you think they are worth if you don't sell it complete.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

Black Pearl

I am looking for a black tank in excellent condition for my 06.
2006 Tiger

AK Tiger

What's the issue with the engine?  Interested in selling it?
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

Mustang

Quote from: "AK Tiger"What's the issue with the engine?  Interested in selling it?
he cooked it , no coolant , needs head at bare minimum, cheaper to just buy ebay motor. basically its a basket case been apart for quite awhile

AK Tiger

Oooo, :roll:  thanks Mustang.
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

oradbaforpsoft

What color are the plastics?
Dave in KCMO: 2003 Tiger 955i - Lucifer Orange

eatalotapeaches

Black Pearl  &  oradbaforpsoft

My tank is orange.  If you are interested in tank or entire plastic kit, let me know.  Asking $375 for tank, $575 for all plastic.

AK Tiger-  Unfotunately Mustang is right.  The bike overheated and has been torn down for a while,  not much hope in me getting it back together at this point.

oradbaforpsoft

Thanks for the info. My Tiger is Orange. I have recently encountered bubblng under the tank stripes on one side, but otherwise the tank is fine, with metal fittings etc.  
I have made some repairs to the cockpit plastic and am missing an occasional plastic tab where the fasteners connect here and there.
I am not 100% sure I need to replace all the plastics just yet., but would likely want to stay with the Orange as I have matching side cases and top box in Orange as well. I should probably hang back and let the folks with black tigers have first shot at the plastics.
I am always tempted to stockpile replacement parts as I hope to keep my Tiger for many years. I also wanted to try alloy wheels and tubeless tires, as I have spokes/tubes.
I need to think about it some and see what the 'minister of finance' thinks about spending $ to stockpile spare parts 'just in case' I need them later.

eatalotapeaches

I have a front and rear factory Triumph gel seat, both in great shape.  No tears or rips (are used so very mininamal scuffing).  Front for 150 and 120 for rear shipped.  230 for set.  Those prices include shipping.

Also factory NON gel seats avalable.  Is your ripped?  Want a spare to send off for getting reworked?  These again are used but in decent shape.  Maybe half the price of gels if buyer agrees to pay actual shipping...

oradbaforpsoft

Quote from: "eatalotapeaches"My tank is orange.  If you are interested in tank or entire plastic kit, let me know.  Asking $375 for tank, $575 for all plastic.

point.

I would be interested in the plastics (orange w/black side cover plastics), or even a spare tank, but afraid those are way out of my budget.

eatalotapeaches

going out of town, return all messages after I return.

jdeng

Would be very much interested in the fairing if you still have it.  Or make me deal on all the plastic except the tank.

Would possibly be interested in a group of emergency replacement parts--my buddy also has one of these, and we might pool our resources to have a nice set of spare electronic components, just in case.

What kind of shape is the rear shock in?  I have another friend who's looking for a good shock.

Shoot me a price on the wheels also--would be a nice luxury to have a set of knobbies and a set of smoothies all mounted up.

Thnx
2003 Triumph Tiger
1981 BMW R100RS (for Sale)
1987 Honda XL600R
2002 Yamaha YZ250F
Yamaha 650 street tracker project
1967 Benelli Mojave project

Jaws

Dibs on the front left turn signal if you part it out.