News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Poor idle at low revs when hot. Input please

Started by Zorst, July 03, 2012, 09:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorst

I'd just like your input please on what direction you would go before i start messing.

Yes i've done the search and and it could be the TPS.

The bike starts and runs fine when cold. It will fly when it's above 1500rpm but when the bike gets hot it has a poor erratic tickover at 1000rpm and may stall and not start. :(  But give it a couple of goes and it'll fire.

It has new plugs and air filter and descent fuel.

The bike is a 2004 with 1600 miles and its only done 20 miles in the last four years and 70 miles in the last five years, yeah i know. :shock:

Something gummed up? Use a fuel additive?

Any ideas of course are appreciated.

Cheers Zorst/Ken

metalguru

It could be the Idle Air Control Valve that may be a bit sticky. It can be found underneath the airbox, it may want a clean and a lube with silicon spray NOT WD40.
While you are there it may be good to look at the 3 convoluted tubes, if they are in any way perished or stiff or loose on the stubs then replace with 6mm silicon vacuum pipe. If a scottoiler is fitted then it is crucial the 'T' piece is a good fit on the pipes.
Beyond this is a link up with TuneEcu.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Zorst

Thanks for the help and the input.

I'll do that, check and lube next time i have a near empty tank of fuel.

Cheers, Zorst/Ken

BigDan

And if you need a link up with TuneEcu, give us a shout. You're welcome to bob round and use mine Zorst
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Zorst

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the nod.

Yeah i'll probably take you up on that offer, see if the bikes as it should be.

Cheers, Ken    :thumbsup