News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hello from the Finger Lakes (Canandaigua NY)

Started by Gravity Tester, July 04, 2012, 08:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravity Tester

Greetings from the Finger Lakes Some of the Best Roads in New York. Wish I could open with as much enthusiasm  as NaDaHond! While our stories are similar I am just not that poetic.

I am the VERY PROUD owner of a 2006 Tiger (Big Blue) 16,000 + Miles. Since owning this beauty she has gotten a New Chain & Sprocket (Chose to go 18/44) little less RPM at 75 mph runs around 4500. A new rear Anakia 2 tire (Still waiting on the front one when that comes in she will be good all around. Also just added the headlight Modulator to the right Lamp. ( Not a Fan of Loud Pipes Save Lives mentality) (Just saying))  :roll: Also elongated the seat pan bracket holes so the seat is in the highest position in the front & the lowest in the rear. Now I don't feel like I am always rolling forward.

Being the Third owner seems to be my thing. As I was the Third owner of a 1983 Suzuki GS 750 that I got with 11k on the clock and watched it ride off into the sunset with 37k over 8 years, I know that may not be a lot for a lot of you but up here you get 5 maybe 6 months before the snow flies. That plus that silly work stuff getting in the way.

Regardless  Blue came to me via a cruiser rider that thought getting off of the slab might be a good thing. Put 300 miles on her riding down to WV.
 dropped off his stuff in the motel to go ride around a bit, came to the first  dirt road grabbed a handful of front brake
 :shock: . proceeded to do a slow speed left side dump) His Partner had to beg him to get back on and ride it home.  He has not been on her since. A little elbow grease and wet sanding most of the scratches buffed out, the ones that are left I call them character.

Whats next? I am 6'4" and need advice on wind screen replacements vs. Laminar Lips and engine guards ( Actually Tank Gaurds ) The thank took the biggest hit on her low side slide.

Well thats all for now Thank you for a great site very close to the GSRESOURSES.com knowledgeable & friendly Oh I am sure there are some black sheep in the family but hey all I can say is you can chose your friends but your stuck with your relatives.

Pat

cosmo

Hello, and welcome!

Great choice of model AND colour, though I may be biased...('06 blue Tiger, purchased new)

For windscreen mods, try the Palmer products pages.

As for Finger Lakes, I'm heading up there for family reunion on 2 August.

Cheers, Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Gravity Tester

Thanks Cosmo, Enjoy the reunion. If you ever come this way on the Tiger let me know. (there is one day I am not available Aug 4 )

nadahonda

:wave Hey there, fellow new Tiger Rider!

I hope you enjoy Blue as much as I enjoy Bubbles - since getting her, I have put on 2500 miles of educational joy! Alot of tinkering, but I happen to love that about motorcycles.

At 6'4 I am going to guess that cosmo is correct in pointing you towards the palmer screen - after much "research and development" I think I will need to get one eventually as well (I am only 6' and the large cee-baileys that was on my bike needed serious forward adjustment to get the air over my head)

with Blue being an '06, you should have some options for crash bars, but it seems as the Thunderbike bars are the highest regarded, as well as the spendiest: http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/spi/tbike_tig

Have fun out there GT,

and remember:   :!: TIGERS LIKE TO TIP OVER :!:

your friend,

nadahonda

"Ride the Tiger. You can see his stripes, but you know he\'s clean"
-Ronnie James Dio -R.I.P-
\\m/(o.o)\\m/
2000 Tiger 885i
1978 Honda CX500

Gravity Tester

Is there a Palmer rep this side of the pond? The web site is inactive or it is my 3G connection.

Mustang

try here http://www.palmerproducts.co.uk/

I was just there and it is working fine

fraser ross

hello from SCOTLAND  :)

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Gravity Tester

Thanks for all the welcomes. And Mustang site works great fom the pc.