News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Question about Triumphs gear

Started by survivaleveryday, July 08, 2012, 08:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

survivaleveryday

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and just bought a 800 roadie, I was looking at Triumphs adventure boots and their Kalahari Jacket and pants. The price is great compared to Klim Badlands Pro Jacket (pants) or Alpinestars Durban Gore-Tex Jacket(pants). Anyone buy Triumphs gear and if so are there any reviews on them.
Triumph Tiger 800 roadie 2012
KTM Superduke 2008
Ducati 900ss 2000
Kawasaki Ninja 600 2001
Yamaha FZR 600 1991
Kawasaki Ninja 600 1987
Honda VTR 250 1990

BigDan

Most of it is made by Alpinestars with Triumph's name on them.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Sin_Tiger

I have the suit and  a few pairs of gloves. They all work very well and are very good value for money, I don't buy stuff just for the brand name.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

FoothillRyder

No idea about their gear other than boots. I have two pair of riding boots, both Triumph branded, both are superb. One pair is 3/4 calf height, with a zipper the covers the ankle and hook/loop closures that go all the way to the top. The other pair is 6" shorter than that, but is very much the same high quality. Both pairs are as close to waterproof as any boots I've owned in my 50-ish years of riding. Highly recommended.

Edit/Add: Both are 'all-day' comfortable, and easy to walk in.
- FoothillRyder

'97 Trophy 3, '98 Tiger, '96 Sprint
AMA 289558, COP# 0001, BIR# 47
www.foothillryder.com

Sin_Tiger

I forgot to add, my only reservation about the adventure suit is that there is only a1/4 joining zip rather than the normal full round zip. This can mean the jacket getting inflated a bit depending on how fast you ride our how tight it is.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint