News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer asking price?

Started by Papalobster, July 12, 2012, 02:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papalobster

So what's a real world price on a Steamer? I see prices all over the spectrum, and it's hard to nail it down. "It's worth whatever someone will pay" I hear that and understand, but really what's a good starting point?  It's a 98 with just a tickle under 30k miles. Black. Average condition I guess. Not been crashed, but did tip over. Tach still inop. Heated grips, engine guard, tall shield, top box. Otherwise all stock.

I need to spoon on a different rear tire and finish putting the steering head bearings in. A little spit n polish and I'm going to list in the next week or so. Just wondering what a decent price to ask would be.

Mustang

2-3 k if it needs nothing . obviously the high side of the price range if the looks are still there , low side if shes scratched up and needing stuff.

start at 3000-3500 but be prepared to seriously lower the price if you really want to sell.

FoothillRyder

Just paid $2800 for a '98 BRG, 33K miles, HB engine guards and pannier rack, OE luggage rack, brand new TKC-80's front and rear, OE bash plate and crash bars, and as close to no dings as a 15-year old bike gets.  JUST serviced by the dealer, carbs, valve adjust, general once-over, clean bill of health.

Just for reference. It was originally listed for $3500, and actually paid that with the brand new SW-Motech TRAX-Evo panniers with dry bags and carrying bags.

It will depend (to some extent) on where you are, and the market in your area.

8)
- FoothillRyder

'97 Trophy 3, '98 Tiger, '96 Sprint
AMA 289558, COP# 0001, BIR# 47
www.foothillryder.com