News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Centre stand draggin

Started by maddog666, July 16, 2012, 06:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog666

When 2 up my centre stand scrapes the floor (right hand bends).

Ive been workign away since it did it but will be home next weekend and raring to go out on it, does anyone know if stiffening the rear suspension would stop this from happening?

Ive had a search but havnt found this question before so any info muchly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Spud

What preload settings you dialing in ?  cheers Spud  :wink:

NKL

I find the oil leaks from the preload adjuster so you can't get full preload, and as the standard set up is a bit saggy that doesn't help.
Mine would wind up to about the second mark before it started to move the spring.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

BigDan

Mine scrapes when I have a passenger :)

I just let it, eventually it will grind down enough to not matter :P
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

maddog666

Dont know what the preload is set at but will check when I get back on Saturday.

Got a camping trip coming up so wouldnt mind it sorting before I go as it doesnt seem to take that much lean beofr eit scrapes.