News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hard Panniers

Started by amclel, July 19, 2012, 11:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amclel

Gents, are trophy panniers and tiger panniers the same or are they not compatible? I think the trophy is around a '92 and the tiger is a 2000 885i,
 Any info would be great, cheers
2000 Triumph Tiger - Jet Black

Timbox2

Think you might be a bit out on years, the 95 onwards Trophys had very similar looking panniers, but the Trophy R/H pannier doesnt have a cut out for the exhaust like the Tiger ones, Topboxes were interchangeable I believe.
2016 Tiger Sport

cosmo

I've had both. Trophy panniers are different, though I *think* the outers *may* be the same mould.

The top boxes are interchangeable as a unit, the locking mechanism changed a bit, though that doesn't affect putting a Trophy 'box on a Tiger rack.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

T885i_Blk

I'm about to switch to ally panniers on my 1999 tiger which means removing a set of panniers and all the bracketry. Was going to keep them in the shed, but if someone else can make use of them or any parts feel free to PM me.  :D
Tiger 885i 1999

Yankee Dog

Quote from: "cosmo"I've had both. Trophy panniers are different, though I *think* the outers *may* be the same mould.

I believe this is correct. They look the same, but the mounting system is different. They are not interchangeable.

PeteH

Quote from: "T885i_Blk"I'm about to switch to ally panniers on my 1999 tiger which means removing a set of panniers and all the bracketry. Was going to keep them in the shed, but if someone else can make use of them or any parts feel free to PM me.  :D

Check your in box...PM sent
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour