News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A little lighting help please.

Started by Easy Tiger, July 23, 2012, 05:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy Tiger

I need to call upon all you electrical types, I have a set of Model 44 LED lights from ADVmonster plus the wireless controller. I need to wire this in, it needs a live feed, ground and the high beam wire. I think I have found the high beam wire (red/yellow) but I have no idea where to tap in for the feed and ground. Please help as this is the last thing I need to do to get my bike to how I want it. I have tried using the wiring diagram in the service manual but it just looks like a load of coloured lines to me!!

Cheers
2002 Triumph Tiger 955i

iansoady

Ground (earth) are black and you will find loads behind the fairing. Dependent on current load, either take a used feed direct from the battery or pick up on the feed to something ignition-controlled again behind the fairing.

But if you need to ask these questions are you sure you know enough to do the job? It's easy to fry the loom......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

oxnsox

Sounds like the connection to the 'hi-beam' switch is enabling the light . You should put a fuse in that line and a fuse in the power line as you don't want any lamp fault to cause other problems.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~