News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

petcock mileage

Started by RELIS, July 24, 2012, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RELIS

Hello to everybody from Greece
Congragulations for your veru usefull forum.

I am an happy owner of 98 BRG Steamer with 80000 km on clock.
I have a question how many mileage you have until turn to reserve an how many miles the light turns on ?

thank you

Mustang

98 should be seeing about 230-250 miles to reserve with USA gallons, if you keep the speed under 65mph .

faster takes off 20 miles or so of range

the low fuel lights vary from bike to bike but generally come on early at 150-170 miles

Sin_Tiger

Congratulations on finding such a low millage Steamer.

My warning light has never worked reliably and not worked at all for some time, I find I need to chafe to reserve at about 220 miles but have 4-5 litres left in the tank if I fill it immediately. Mine is an earlier Mikuni carb model though.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

RELIS

The reerve how many miles run??

As i have see on my best friends AFRICA  the low level sensor is the same on my eyes and is more cheap than TRIUMPH.

I do theese questions because now i am runing with a petcock from SUZUKI TSR 200  is the same but with more reserve.

Thank you for your answers.