News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 tiger this a good deal

Started by kingdomstyle, July 30, 2012, 01:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingdomstyle

Bike has 64,000 miles ,well maintained,good tires,3700 dollars . Any thoughts if this is a good deal?
1999 TIGER black.2008 XR650L,2008 KLX450R

delecti

Are you in the states?
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?

kingdomstyle

1999 TIGER black.2008 XR650L,2008 KLX450R

Yankee Dog

seems high for 64k miles. I see them all the time in the low $4 with less than half that.

However sometimes it the availability that matters.

delecti

I think from what I read they were about $9500 new in the states (that model), could be wrong from an australian prospective its a good deal, there might be some things on the horizon for it like, rotors, headstem bearing at 70,000miles and make sure you have checked the compression if it has been ridden hard as zombies had, the engine may need freshing up.
Mark
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?

jphish

If it's been well maintained - not bad. If Rotors, pads, chain, sprockets, headbearings etc. need near term replacing, and due for tuneup / valve shims - not so good. Thing is: low mileage girlies are getting harder to come by. I have an 06' with only 17K mi - maybe lowest out there. Perhaps time to start a low, instead of high mileage thread??

jphish

Should have the cast wheels - what kind of 'good' tires has it got ? I know 2 guys in Seattle area that started looking for girlies this spring - one had to go to Calif and the other to Ariz to get theirs. Have you checked Craigs list in 500 mi radius for comparisons ? Might be worth it to see what pops up. Then again, the one your looking at may be the best around. good luck!

jphish

Sorry for the hi-jack. 1 (count em - 1) Girly for sale on Seattle Craigs list, in area of 4 million people. It is a blue 06' with only 6,500 mi (I certainly DO NOT win the low miles contest) for $4K. Has some cosmetic damage - owner has already priced replacement plastic - about $600 to fix. If I didnt already have a tiger (actually 2) I'd sure look at it. Fly and ride? Great country to ride thru to IA.

cba191

I got an '02 with 18500 miles for less than 4k. I love it!
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Danny955i

Just for comparison.

01' 22,650 miles, new tires, brakes, chain, sprockets, Remus exhaust, KnN, recent fluid changes, MSR bar protectors, Pazzo levers, stock hard saddle and trunk bags.

I had a solid offer of $4200, before I changed my mind and pulled it from the market.

This is in Massachusetts, and I'm the 2nd owner since the bike had 1200 miles on it when I bought it (which is stated on the title).

Unless the bike has 0-10k miles on it, don't pay a cent over $4500 bucks... even if it's LOADED.

4 years ago, I bought this bike with the 1200 miles, bone-stock for $4500.

Not a lot of depreciation, and all 'aftermarket' were either result of need for service, result of a small tip-over (bar ends and levers), and performance...

Just food for thought.