News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hein Gericke Closing Down!

Started by rf9rider, August 03, 2012, 11:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Looks like another company bites the dust.

Might be a few bargains to be had!

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/

HockleyBoy

A real shame, I like their gear, good quality stuff.

Will have to join the vultures and see if I can stock up for the future!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

Late nineties I/we bought more than our fair share of their gear but over the last 10 years they started to loose the plot,they forgot what made e'm unique.

Bixxer Bob

Had a look in P'boro today. Kit is more expensive now the Administrators are in charge than it was last week with the heavy discounts they were offering.  Staff are hoping it will be sold as a going concern.

I also think it's a pity because they took the pain outof buying good kit at sensible prices for a very long time. My view?  In recent years they carried loads of styles that were "challenging" and therefore poor sellers, their budget kit that used to be good value is now just cheap.  And their flagship kit is no cheaper than top brands so, as Chris says, they seemedto lose the plot. Take note Mr Bloor.........
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

daveb

got my email on the sale, really sad. but reciently I visited the shop in Cardiff - very quiet in there, 5 customers plus a few staff.

Sin_Tiger

I did wonder if something was going on earlier in the year when I noticed they had stopped carrying some big names like Kriega and Shuberth. I agree with the comments though, the price quality balance on their own core gear had gone south.

Pity as the only other competing shop in the area closed last year too.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

In 99 coming back through Dover docks,hand over our passports,girl looks at them and says with astonishment 'Oh your British' :shock: ,why do you say that I ask,becuase your wearing German bike gear she says!!!.

That's is what made e'm different in the UK,they drifted away from that over the years in quality and design.

BigDan

I can think of a few other reasons she might have been surprised to see an actual Brit coming into Britain via Dover...
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

blacktiger

Quote from: "BigDan"I can think of a few other reasons she might have been surprised to see an actual Brit coming into Britain via Dover...

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :eusa_clap
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

I'm sure it said in MCN that it was just the British arm of it that's in trouble.

Their Toureg boots are/were very good.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

my Toureg suit is 10 yrs old (and looks 20) and is still completely waterproof. Their kit was good back then.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

SherryBurke

In 99 returning through Dover docks,hand over our given,girl looks at them and says with amazement Oh your English, why do you say that I ask,becuase your dressed in In in german bicycle equipment she says.
Sherry Burke

Timbox2

Theres an echo in here :?
2016 Tiger Sport

Timbox2

Was in the Bristol Hein Gericke today, said to the guys as I walked in, "Its a bit sad in it".

No it isnt they said, "If they saved it tomorrow and the same management were involved, we'd leave anyway" :shock:
2016 Tiger Sport

Dan

That doesn't surprise me much Tim, I never heard a good thing about the management from the boys in the Leicester store.
If I was any better, I\'d be twins!!!

2001 Girly = Swiss Army Knife
2010 Blade = Scalpel