News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

DTC CODES

Started by 250, August 08, 2012, 10:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi all getting the MIL light come on 2001 955i park up over night it's off then after say first stop on next ride start back up it comes back on codes are PO201 and PI201 so it's injector one malfunction, open circuit/ground going to take the tank off this weekend and have a look am I looking persumably at wiring problem loose connection etc maybe as it is intermittant or do i need to check the injector? any help greatly appreciated.

Regards Mark

Bixxer Bob

Most likely the connector or the loom chaffed somewhere. Good luck.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Thanks Bixxer I hope it's something simple when I take the tank etc off.

Mark.

Bixxer Bob

If you have the gauges, balance the throttle bodies while you're in there.   It only takes a few minutes and its the single best thing you can do for you Girly :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

Usually one of the blue connectors has come loose. A zip tie will ensure secure connection.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Thanks all
I hope it is that simple!! plan on changing plugs, air, fuel filter etc while I'm in there and balance the throttles as Bixxer says.

Mark.