News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Who has had charging problems

Started by Mustang, August 17, 2012, 03:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Ok which girlies suffer from charging the battery .......

take the poll. Only take the poll if you have had a stator or regulator failure.

oxnsox

Just a thought.  Would it make sense for those who haven't had an issue yet to post their year in a complimentary pole?

That way we may see a comparative number of folks who've had an issue against those who haven't. Plus we'd be able to see if the actual numbers aren't simply skewed by model year.  Meaning the results may make it look like 2005 was a bad year, but if (say) 50% of members own 2005 machines its hardly a decisive indicator of a real issue compared with other years.

What y'all think?
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mustang

start one ...............I' m on holiday :ImaPoser

I'm not for certain we have the poll option yet

Chris Canning

Interesting major song and dance about charging and only 6 posters(so far!!)

Loops

Hey what about us 'original efi' riders??

The '99 & 2000 years - smacks of discrimination to me :-)

However I've not had any charging bothers with my '99.

Is it me or were the 885efi a bit more robust in this area?  Or is it less reported because they made less of them?
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

Chad

i have everything ready to do the conversion but (dare i say it ) mine is charging fine , ive a koso volt meter set up so i can keep an eye on it :)  0h and mines an 02
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

John Stenhouse

Quote from: Loops on August 24, 2012, 07:12:27 PM
Hey what about us 'original efi' riders??

The '99 & 2000 years - smacks of discrimination to me :-)

However I've not had any charging bothers with my '99.

Is it me or were the 885efi a bit more robust in this area?  Or is it less reported because they made less of them?

Loops the 885efi is a totally different beast, we have an alternator and it's external, so not affected.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

jakes10mm

My 2006 Tiger nearly left me stranded with a battery failure which led back to the stator and regulator. Replaced both with products from Rick's Motorsports. So far, very happy with the replacement/upgrade.
06 Tiger 955i