News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Turn Signal Turn off or Pizo

Started by Gravity Tester, August 20, 2012, 02:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravity Tester

06 955
Having Great Concerns over not being not able to see or hear the blinker indication.

Would any one have any recommendations as to a fix for this? Had a car pull out on me because my right blinker was still on from my last right turn 200 feet earlier Yes I know turn it off but with shifting and checking my mirrors I forgot ( My Bad)  

I thought about cutting in a pizio or some type of tweeter but not sure if there is a prefabbed circuit out there.

Would any one have any thoughts or tricks?

Thanks.

Sin_Tiger

There are a few automatic signal canceling devices on the market, Kisantech is one of the better known ones http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/kisantech-self-cancelling-flasher-relay-signal-minder-sm-3-mitsuba-plug-fitting-1290-p.asp I bought one for my Roadie but I think I got the wrong one as I never got it to work.

Much cheaper and simpler alternative its to fit the LED replacement idiot lights that are popular and perhaps even a light shade as a few guys here have found it useful. Try the search function :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

cosmo

Honda's used to have a beeper. Wiring is simplicity itself: just run one lead to the left blinker, the other lead to the right, same as your current indicator light.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

iansoady

That automatic system looks quite interesting but it's very expensive for what it is. I'd be looking for something that also had input from the speedo so if you were sitting at traffic lights etc it wouldn't be activated till you set off.

It shouldn't be too difficult to devise a circuit (he said being totally ignorant in these matters)....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "iansoady"That automatic system looks quite interesting but it's very expensive for what it is. I'd be looking for something that also had input from the speedo so if you were sitting at traffic lights etc it wouldn't be activated till you set off.

It shouldn't be too difficult to devise a circuit (he said being totally ignorant in these matters)....

Good idea, where's the man from the Dark Side?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Gravity Tester

Thank you all for the input. Figuring since there is only one indicator on the dash right left and hazzarz that would be a great place to tie in a pizo. Just not sure how much current that circuit can take but a pizo does not draw much? Open for other ideas.

metalguru

The small piezo are available from electrical components shops like in UK Maplins.

They need to take a feed from input wire to the indicator relay, so when circuit is completed to the lamps it will sound.

I still have the original from my 1977 Z1000 and this was how it was connected.
Some other Jap makes fitted them but brain cell can't remember which ones, were all around the late '70s.

If you go to a breakers, they should have one, most people disconnected them but may still be attatched to the loom. Should only be a small charge.
The current consumption is very small, fit a high power LED in the indicator repeater.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Gravity Tester

metalguru

Thanks for the input I think I will do both brighter led & a pizo The location just does not sit in my peripheral. And dont get me talking about the clock location. :BangHead