News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is it me....?

Started by mikeybikey57, August 30, 2012, 06:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeybikey57

Dunno whether I was imagining it or not but had someone recently posted up stuff about trying to convert a Girly to run on carbs? If I wasn't actually losing what few marbles I have left whilst away on holiday, it seems that it's now dissapeared. Anyone here know anything about it.........or is it just me?   :notworthy
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

metalguru

Ah yes a long time ago I was bashing head to wall as couldn't get the EFI to do as I wanted and was causing so much frustration that I looked at the possibility of fitting carbs X3 from a sports bike eg R1 or similar.
At the time it seemed quite viable as a mounting plate to hold the carbs and some inlet manifolds would need manufacturing.
Didn't get as far as the airbox plans and fitment.

Shelved the plan for now but the thread was on the old site here  http://tigertriple.com/forum_old/viewtopic.php?t=9283&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=carbs&start=0

Have managed to make the ecu to very nearly behave for now but the thought has not gone away yet.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

mikeybikey57

Thanks for the reply.......I was getting worried for a bit there. It's also something i'd been toying with the idea of, having an aversion to EFI on my bikes and seeing your post re-ingnited my interest. I may have the ideas and imagination to think of how to make it happen but my skill levels with this kind of work are strictly amateur. If you do get around to trying it out in the future, keep us all up to date, as I suspect there are a more than a few of us who'd be only too happy to junk their troublesome EFI's.
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.