News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dodgy ECM (or whatever it's called!)

Started by russ_fae_fyvie, February 03, 2005, 03:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_fae_fyvie

Has anyone had any problems with this electronic brain thing on the Tiger ?

I've just got my bike back from its 12k service and before it went in the warning light had been on for no reason, also the fuel gauge showed empty even tho it was full, then it came back for no reason.

Apparantely when it went it for the service they foud it had logged 6 faults for no reason and it seems to have happenend to other Tigers as well. Seems the ECM(?) gets water in it and corrodes which is a really good design !

Just wondered if anyone else had had strange things happening like that for no reason ?

knarf

I've heard of s few being replaced under warrenty, with a retail costing $2000  its no susprise I'd be crying if mines went awol.

I could start a moan on Tiger spare part prices,.....£35 for a gear lever, its just,...... oh well its only money.
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

AK Tiger

The barometric pressure sensor feature went out on my '02.  Started pinging like mad on 92 octane + boost.  One dealer said it couldn't be a computer problem 'cuz the MIL wasn't on.  Finally on my trip from Alaska to California to Chicago to home Orange County Motosports in Santa Ana, CA took the time to find the trouble.  The bike was one week out of warrenty.  Triumph covered the computer (good news) but not the labor to repair it (bad news).  The new computer fixed the problem.
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)