News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sprint 1050?

Started by BigDan, September 01, 2012, 09:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Re Dan

He's a young lad finding his way with bikes,at times it can be a long difficult expensive path that we have all trodden at one time or another,just wish I knew 30 years ago what I know now!!!.

Re the bike standing,letting any bike stand does e'm no good,2001 bike?? mine is runs great,the one your looking at how long has it stood?,how many times has it had the oil/fluid changed,I'd have no problem buying an old bike that has been stood,but expecting to run well straight away is a mighty big ask.

BigDan

Picked up my baby today... WOW...

LOVE it :D

2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

HockleyBoy

Nice looking bike Dan, hope it rides as good as it looks.
I like the 1050 Sprint, very nearly bought one myself last week but in the end wasn't quite ready to leave the Tiger behind.

Good colour too.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

BigDan

She rides brilliantly so far, very grippy and feels very stable in the corners. Suspension harder than I am used to, but thats definately a good thing. The tiger used to bob and sway on long bends, the Sprint feels like its on stabilisers!

Need to put a few more miles on the new front tyre, then going for a proper ride on Saturday - I'll report back after.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Chris Canning

The big traillie/Sports Tourer/Big Traillie/Sports Tourer is a well trodden path,the cheap option is have one of each,you'll save a fortune.

trophydave

Thats very true.For me the last few years have been Transalp,VFR,Africa Twin and now it's Sprint ST and Tiger.Best of both worlds  :thumbsup