News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pannier options

Started by Tripodtiger, December 11, 2013, 09:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripodtiger

Quote from: chappers on January 27, 2014, 07:59:35 PM

Is it just me that sees the angled flat bar 'mounted' to the inner side of the swing arm at the brake torque control point? :augie

It just looks that way.

I took the 'big green nob' away for a week, with the missus on the back.  First time she's sat there for more than half an hour in more than 20 years.  She was quite happy - felt more secure than on the back of the XS11 - except when the pannier lid flew off and one of her shoes went west, or east, or ???  We found the lid with a 35km back track but the shoe is now a mouse's home.  We had a bit of heavy rain and half a day in drizzle (which was quite nice for a change) and the boxes were dry. 

I think the next update for the bike will have to be a different muffler, as the oem one is just far too hot.  Does it have a catyliser in it?

Anyway, the boxes are good for the intend purpose of this bike.
Happy with that.

cheers
rayb
'73 RD250, '80 XS11, '81 RD350LC,
'96 Steamer - 'Tiger Trek' outfit.
'02 Girly - 'Envy'
"Faster Daddy, Faster!" (aged 7?)