News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I wish it wasn't winter...

Started by Patrick, February 05, 2005, 10:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Only thing I can do is waiting for warmer times to come. They will do so. But what do I do until then? How about looking at some pictures an remembering those better (warmer) days...

Hm. I think, this wasn't a good idea. Now I am more impatiently than before waiting for spring to come...

Have fun!

Patrick

Mr Mistoffelees

Hi Patrick,

Nice pictures - nothing like tormenting yourself   :roll:   :lol:

Where did you find those clear indicators and tail light lense ? been looking for some of those for a while !

:D
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions

PaulBerg

Nice hand-guards. What type are they ?

Paul

Mr Mistoffelees

Those handguards do look sweet  8)

Mudhen

I have a set of those handguards for sale if either of you guys want them...they're still attached to the bike but I'd be willing to sell the whole lump...
\'96 Steamer

tri99sprint

Just out of curiosity, what type of tyres are those, and how well do they handle pavement?

Went riding day before yesterday up in the Wasatch Mountains, 200 miles of dry roads with plenty of snow on the sides...today it snowed up to one foot on those same roads.....timing is everything.

Hurry up spring!!!
Chuck

Patrick

Quote from: "Mudhen"I have a set of those handguards for sale if either of you guys want them...they're still attached to the bike but I'd be willing to sell the whole lump...

:D  :D  :D  :D

Guys,

don't trust Mudhen! He's trying to sell his beemer to you.  :wink:  These handguards come from an R1150GS. I didn't like the soppy hanging-ears-look of the stock ones. You will get them at BMW. Attached to them are Touratech spoilers for better wind protection.

The tires are TKC80s from Continental. They handle very well on and off road. Only thing they don't like is mud. And they tend to be worn down at about 6-8'000 km (rear) and 10-14'000 km (front).

The indicators and tail light are LED ones. I got them from a german web shop that has a great weigth on tiger parts. Have a look here and here.

A little tinkering is needed to make the taillight fit. But the result justifies the effort. Looks way cool, eh?

Have fun!

Patrick

Mudhen

Quote from: "Patrick"don't trust Mudhen! He's trying to sell his beemer to you.  :wink:

Patrick

So close to a sale...argh...
\'96 Steamer

Bull

Patrick

Can you please post a close-up shot showing your method of attaching your spot lights to the crash bars?

I'd like to see how you solved the riddle - TIA - Bull
\"Inconsistency is the mark of genius.\"  Emerson

Mr Mistoffelees

Cheers for the link Patrick  :wink:

Patrick

Quote from: "Bull"Patrick

Can you please post a close-up shot showing your method of attaching your spot lights to the crash bars?

I'd like to see how you solved the riddle - TIA - Bull

Here you are:

I used a pipe clamp(?), an L-shaped peace (originaly used to install a curtain bar to the wall) of metal and several bolts. For better visuability, I colored the different parts:

pipe clamp = blue, L-shaped thingy= red, spot light mount = green

It needed a bit of tinkering but it works great.

Have fun!

Patrick

Bull

Thanks Patrick

I made up a 'penny tech' light bar to mount a set of PIAA fog lamps from the nose cone fairing - but I've always wondered if there was a better way to hang them from the crash bars.  You've given me some ideas,

thanks again - David

Bull

PM sent.... please check your messages.