News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thieves get more than they bargained for....

Started by Bixxer Bob, September 12, 2012, 12:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

PeteH

Reckon they got off lightly...loved the way the pr*ck put the hammer back under the seat and was promply pushed off again :ImaPoser
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Bixxer Bob

Pity he didn't think to follow through on the pushover and nick the scumbag's keys.  He'd be up one scoot or, more likely, some  unfortunate owner will get lucky and get his scoot back :eusa_clap
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

blacktiger

The guy in the white shirt should have jumped on the fooker after pushing the scroat off his moped.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

It's a fine line between defending your self / property (allowed) and summary punishment (not allowed).  The ex- military will know that Rules of Engagement would allow you to shoot someone about to do lethal harm and there's no other way of stopping them, but will not allow you to shoot someone who has just done lethal harm and is now running away as the former is defence and the latter punishment. Frustrating, I know, but you'd find yourself on a murder charge....

NKL

Quote from: blacktiger on October 07, 2012, 04:39:42 PM
The guy in the white shirt should have jumped on the fooker after pushing the scroat off his moped.

Unfortunatly our useless police would have then charged him with assult because they are only interested in an easy collar, or high speed chases.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Bixxer Bob

According to tonight's news, it seems the govt is about to change the law so giving a burgler or whould-be thief a mild kicking is ok.  Only if you use an extremely disproportionate response will there be any follow-up action.

NeilD

...or just make sure that you drag any bodies back inside the house...  :violent1

Bixxer Bob

During "What would you do if you were burgled at night" conversations, I came up with what I think would be an effective weapon.  In our last house we had to have the cat litter on the landing - not the best of places but no-where else to put it.  So, see it from the burlger's perspective.  You've broken in and are creeping upstairs in the dark when suddenly you meet 3kg of dusty, ammmonia-rich cat litter coming the other way.  The choking, drying effect of cat litter dust and ammonia is going to be enough to stop anyone in their cough-wretched tracks.

Then you whack the t**t with the cricket bat while he's confused.......

Spud

You have always been able to use "reasonable" force to protect yourself and your property. It's the second punch, kick shot that get's you in the doo doo.  :doubt

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

It's the balance that's changing Spud, up till now you could be required to prove what you did was reasonable.  In future the scroat will have to prove it was unreasonable.  If, in fact, it was.

NKL

As far as I'm concerned nothing is unreasonable and death is to good for them.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Sin_Tiger

I think a cricket bat is OK, a baseball bat is a bit unsporting.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on October 14, 2012, 10:16:31 AM
I think a cricket bat is OK, a baseball bat is a bit unsporting.
sporting my ass .................
Things that go "bump in the night" here at my house  are greeted by 230 grains of thunder ..............