News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

885i Replacement Shifter

Started by Wiggus, September 15, 2012, 11:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiggus

I am REALLY tired of paying $110 dollars every time my bike falls on the shifter side and snaps the shift lever. This was only the second time, but that's enough of that. I got really lucky and found one that works at a local dealer that I could eyeball against the original.

It's a MSR 34-2146 intended for a Yamaha YZ-80 with a folding footpeg. It's a little shorter, but like it better than the original; faster shift due to the shorter throw and it feels firmer. It catches my foot right around the toe knuckle. I'm sure many of the MSR's would work, but here is a confirmation. I could even use the original allen-head set screw with it. I see they sell ones that are an inch longer too.

Best part: $30

You Will Know Me By The Trail of Bolts...

Sin_Tiger

That looks pretty decent for that money  :hat10

I personally favour steel levers that you can bend. But there is the argument that an alloy one that breaks has less risk of damaging your control shaft and at that price, and weight, you could afford to keep a spare under the seat.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Don't go thinking only a YZ80 will fit,both the 250 and 450 do,after binning my tiger with the same results bought a new lever for a 450 and then a bendy one off a newer tiger turned up for peanuts so the alloy one is under the seat as a spare.

swappy

Hi Chris was the yz lever from a specific year model, I just like the idea of a folding one. Prevention is better than cure  :icon_mrgreen:
Yellow tiger 885i 1999

Chris Canning

Blimey now your asking  :icon_scratch:,if I remember rightly the spline size is all the same,but off the top of my head I think it was 98/06,and having said that the latter ones look the same  :icon_confused:

swappy

Thanks for that, there's loads on eBay cheap  :thumbsup
Yellow tiger 885i 1999