News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stafford classic bike show (uk) 20 & 21 October 2012

Started by daveb, September 17, 2012, 01:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

Might not appeal to most but......

Anyone fancy meeting up at the Stafford Classic Bike show 20 & 21 October 2012.

I am unsure which day I will be going at the moment, but I will be working on a stand for a few hours at a time on one of the days

http://www.classicbikeshows.com/showindex.asp?showcode=CMM12

Chris Canning

Walk through the main gate,second turning on the left,the stand on the corner,there'll be a 10 reg Sprinter there along with an older 51reg thats us,I'll be there allday friday and sunday afternoon.

Timbox2

One of my favs, Chris's mates were freezing their nadgers off last year.
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

plan to ride up friday night, stay at a hotel, then go to show saturday, might stay another night, show on sunday too and return home sunday (late)

Cheers

Dave Belton

Chris Canning

If you have access to a trade pass friday afternoon is what you want,no punters in the way and you can just wander about including Bonhams and find the bargains,if your happy to rub shoulders with the masses then it's saturday,sunday never gets going and by 1pm it's already dropping off.

We get there friday 10am ish,set up between various coffees and wanders about,one lad stays all weekend we go home 5ish,I go back 2pm ish sunday by which time the lads have had enough and were out the door and gone by 4,the weather really makes or breaks it and has done over the years!!.

daveb

I plan to ride up on Friday, stay at a hotel, show on saturday, just wandering around, I should also be on Stand 606A (Puca ltd) from time to time

found a map (pages 36-36)

http://www.mpldigital.com/mortons-media/motorcycle-monthly/76

Chris Canning

Tim

Usual routine,see either of the lads they'll put your helmet in the van.

iansoady

Quote from: Chris Canning on September 27, 2012, 08:29:05 PM
If you have access to a trade pass friday afternoon is what you want

How do you get one of these? I've been to both Stafford shows loads of times over the years but can't be bothered now because of the queues / parking / general human interaction.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Chris Canning

You need to be a trader,or have a stand I'm afraid.

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on October 07, 2012, 08:41:51 PM
Tim

Usual routine,see either of the lads they'll put your helmet in the van.

Thanks Chris but this now looks to have been scuppered by the Gibralta trip, get back into Gatwick early hours of Saturday, home about 3am I reckon, Sundays the only option, and Im not too sure about it.
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

Chris,

I will see you on saturday hopefully, if you are out n about at the show, I will be on the Smiths speedo stand 606A (puca ltd) throught the day, plus wandering around.

cheers

Dave

Chris Canning

Dave

I'm only there friday and then back sunday afternoon to help clear the mess up!!,saturday is the only day to be honest,but I've seen that many now,by the time 6pm comes on friday night I've had enough.

My sprinter is on the drive loaded to the gunnels with everything from bikes to Sport Smarts in the back,the other two lads take another full of batteries and oil and god only knows what else,I'll take my camera as there's some good stuff in the Bonhams auction this year,on saturday you'll have to buy a catalogue to get in.

If you've(or anyone else) not been before,allow for sensory overload there's a lot to look at.

Chris Canning

Long old day today,they have two shows a year last april's was poor but this weekend is a good'un.

daveb

Chris, it was a great show, think saturday Broke attendance records, met loads the stand was very busy, we also had the Old Empire Motorcycles 'the pup' on the stand.

I wiil up load photos soon

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/DaveBelton/Stafford%20classic%20bike%20show%202012/

Chris Canning

Dave

The link doesn't work without your password!!

As for us,nearly everything I took,two bikes, part worn tyres and god knows what else nearly all got sold on friday to other traders,so came home with an empty van despite,despite almost buying a 1975 Glod Wing which really is another story!!