News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dealer Closing Shock!!!

Started by Brock, February 07, 2005, 09:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock

Wylie and Holland in Shropshire are closing their Market Drayton shop, moving everything into their bigger Wellington base.

It seems the manufacturers (ie Triumph) don't like their shiny new bikes sold out of small, terraced, old fashioned, friendly, community-spirited shops any more. Saleswoman Anne won the Triumph "Salesperson of the Year Award" recently, too. One of the mechanics (Mogsy) has taken redundancy and gone back to plastering (honest) and the other (George) hasn't made up his mind what to do yet.

Seems like the days of the oily, honest, friendly workshop are numbered.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Mr Mistoffelees

Business has always been about money, but, from the customers point of view, you can't beat the good old fashion personal touch to make you keep going back.

Thats bad news  :cry:

On the plus side - Mogsy, will now be earning a shed load more dosh being a plasterer than a mechanic  :wink:
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions

Chris Canning

I'll Mr M,ever tried to get a plasterer??,but not suprised when i went up there last year,not onlt was gobsmacked at an oldy worldy shop,but so close to the other one,2 lots of over heads???,but a shame non the less!!.

Chris