News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

50 today

Started by Chad, October 06, 2012, 11:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

metalguru

Well done
My Girly was 30 the last month.

:thumbsup
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

blacktiger

Ha ha. I took the same photo some time ago...
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

vince

excellent  :eusa_clap :wings
makes my 11000 look small
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Advwannabe

April last year. Looks more impressive than it is, that's only 62000 miles. Up to 121000ks (75000 miles) now.

I wonder who has the big mileage kitties? Mine is starting to use a little oil now, less than a litre/5000ks if I change it at the 5000 mark, a little more otherwise.

Hoping I'll see 200ks out of her before major surgery?
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Bixxer Bob

Theory is that modern watercooled engines with their closer tolerances than old aircooled stuff, and fully synthetic oils, changed regularly, should go on pretty much for ever. Looks like you'll find out.  I'm sure Mr Bloor would be interested too.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

I'm afraid mine only has a measly 35,000 on it,but jeeze it's been a hard 35,000,when we were whistling along the motorway on the way to Florence in july when temps were in the high 30c's and the rear tyre was turning purple in the middle of the tread with heat,I was wondering how the hell it keeps going.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on October 08, 2012, 09:54:26 AM
Theory is that modern watercooled engines with their closer tolerances than old aircooled stuff, and fully synthetic oils, changed regularly, should go on pretty much for ever.

Mine didn't unfortunately!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

I'm referring to moving parts like crank bearings,  piston rings, bores, valve guides etc. The sort of stuff that used to limit engine life.  Component failure, such as cam chain tensioner, is unfortunate but sadly happens.  That's why I'm heeding the noise coming from the cam chain area of my Girly and not riding it until I can strip her and investigate.  A quick look when I did the valves a couple of thou ago didn't reveal anything so this time it's a proper look.  I'm hoping it's just tensioner, but need to rule out chain stretch or somthing amiss with the tensioner blades.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HockleyBoy

Definitely worth doing.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Fross

Mine had its 10th aniversary on Sunday coming home from the Yorkshire Dales. A layby appeared on the A1 just as it happened so I stopped to get the photo. Funny that the tickover was so low (see picture), usually its much higher.
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

dino246

I'm so proud, she turned 20 today

cosmo

I feel a little inadequate. My '06 Girly is about to turn just 47,000 miles.

Though through all, it has required naught, save a change of sparking plugs and an air filter. The odd tyre and chain apart, of course.

Cosmo

The 'inadequate' could refer to an '87 Harley I bought new, and sold exactly two years on with 32,000 miles. But that bike was worn out, unlike me tigger....
Life is too important to be taken seriously.