News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Heated Grip Relay

Started by 2doggs, October 09, 2012, 08:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2doggs

Hi all,
I am trying to fix my heated grips and ordered an inline relay from Bike Bandit.  Their diagram shows the right one but the one they shipped me is completely different than the one I need.  I spoke with them on the phone and they tell me the part number is a Triumph part number for the relay.   :BangHead  :Topes

So I need a correct part number, or some guidance to a proper dealership or parts dealer for this.  I'm assuming its a fairly universal part.  I tried O'Reilly on a whim.  They didnt have the correct relay, but the parts guy recognized it as an accesories relay immediately.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Its getting cold fast here in the northland. 
2002 Tiger
2006 Speed Triple

Mustang

a relay is simply a switch that turns on and off by low amps from the control switch and makes the contacts that passes high amp current thru the switched connections .
show me the diagram thats on the relay and I'll tell you how to hook it up . :thumbsup

or there should be a diagram on the old relay compare it to the new one if they are the same ....plug and play
and are you sure you have a bad relay ?
could well be the grip itself is junk . when you turn the grips on you should be able to tell if the relay works by an audible click or even put your finger on it and you should feel it switch . or use a ohm meter and check the terminals for continuity .
it aint rocket science  :hat10