News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sport Tiger 2013

Started by Chris Canning, November 06, 2012, 03:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

The new big Jags are quick pdf the mark too, for being such big lumps. I really struggled to keep up with one recently on the Thruxton, so I went and fixed the Thruxton  :hat10

The Sport is going to be  too quick for my needs, that's why I sold the Striple but it does look a lot better, more distinctive, I think they'll be popular.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

As an alround bike although with some(alot) of modification my 955 is the best bike I've ever had for travelling,mark I say travelling because thats all it gets used for,but it was built over 10 years ago and you can't stop progress.

I don't say that from a bike point of view but from how cars have got a lot faster and having to deal with them when travelling Europe is becoming a lot more of a hassle,on small roads and even main roads within reason thats fine but out on Autoroutes you can be 'Got at' and i don't like that,the fact I have the K1200 shows me an instant comparison of riding a much quicker bike and how the traffic not only responds to you because they realise how quick the bike is but how you despatch traffic in an instant.

I'm not suggesting that the 955 is on it's death bed far from it,but my style of riding is proactive,people react to me because I'm always travelling quicker and certainley last year travelling Europe that wasn't the case and I didn't like it one little bit,hence my interest in a quicker for want of a better expression a faster big Traillie.

Bixxer Bob

Nothing to do witht he sport Tiger, but I agree with Chris on the response of other drivers.  The Tiger doesn't get a lot of respect in traffic, you have to hold your own, whereas cars just seem to move over for the Blackbird.  They seem to notice you're coming up to them quickly; or it could just be the HID being brighter than the sun  :XXsunsmile getting their attention.  Whatever works.... :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

There's fair fair bit of truth in what you say Chris from my own experience, unfortunately not all are so fortunate a to have had your years of experience and honed skills. Its the less experienced and those on smaller bikes that I fear for. Its not the first time I've used the Tiger to interject when I've seen a scooter rider "threatened" deliberately out here.

Just in the last few days a lady on a scooter was side swiped by a small truck and the video from a following car went viral, most people were outraged.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint