News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1996 885 Steamer - South Staffs

Started by NellyBongo, November 20, 2012, 12:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NellyBongo

Hi

Regretably I've decided to sell my steamer. For myriad reasons I think I've done around 300 miles on it this year and it seems such a waste to have it sitting doing nothing (I've had it for almost 3 years). It's a 96 on a P plate, done 22000 miles. I've just had it MOT'd (wasn't due until February but thought it would sell better with full MOT). The only advisory is a slightly loose chain (now corrected). The tax runs out at the end of Nov but I will be taxing it if it isn't sold at that point. It has loads of documented service history including (and this was one of the clinchers for me when I bought it) several services  / other work carried out at the factory as the previous owner worked in the design dept at Triumph (and apparently was working on the the Tiger). It has a Givi topbox and Triumph tank bag and I also have a touring screen, though it looked so horrible on I went straight back to the original.

I will post pics later today.

Pics now attached.

I'm starting off at £1850, though this is open to negotiation.

Either PM me on here or please e-mail me:  nprice2302@tiscali.co.uk

Sin_Tiger

That looks like an Ohlins shock on it as well, rare!
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on November 23, 2012, 04:18:10 PM
That looks like an Ohlins shock on it as well, rare!
that's the original POS Kayaba shock it came with .

Sin_Tiger

Thought the cartridge on the Kayaba was black, all the ones I've seen are :5huh
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on November 26, 2012, 01:45:48 PM
Thought the cartridge on the Kayaba was black, all the ones I've seen are :5huh

That is black, just got the original factory sticker on!

Should have gone to specsavers............................... :wave

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Should have gone to specsavers............................... :wave

:BangHead :ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser