News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Only runs in idle

Started by Fulingbusen, November 22, 2012, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulingbusen

Here's the video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjqlasz9rhf0uq3/IMG_2363.MOV

I removed the alt and starter and found nothing that looks wrong. The starter gear can be moved 2-3mm in and out, top right in the pic below

Fulingbusen

Fulingbusen

Decided to finally try to get this bike running.  It's been sitting in the garage for a couple of years.  A new sprag clutch is fitted and I'm trying to remember how it all comes together

threepot

Only done a sprag on the early engine with the inspection plate above. But I remember aligning the clutch shaft and helical gear was tricky!
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Fulingbusen

Ok, it's been so long so I don't remember if that was tricky on this engine. 

It's been started and seems to run ok mechanically.  Now I need to sync the carbs and find out where everything goes.

My coolant hose running down in between the carbs are running against the throttle linkage. 

Does anyone know how to run the wire to the oil temp?

threepot

Oil pressure switch? Just had a look at mine. Runs down alongside the engine block coolant pipe,then behind the water pump .

Just been down to 're set idle mix screws. Can just about get a small screwdriver bit under the carbs. Last time I tried was with a 'hot' engine! Not recommended! Middle carb was a whole turn out compared to outer carbs!
95 Super111
96 Tiger

London_Phil

Don't forget, if were talking oil pressure switch, and  depending on age of engine, it can be on top case at rear  of right hand pot, on the newest, and underneath at rear on older engines.