News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ignition pick up coil

Started by windscreenman1, October 11, 2012, 08:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windscreenman1

may be a silly question but which is best gill or pvl can get either but which one is best

Mustang

windscreenman1

thanks mustang you are the font of all wisdom what would we all do without you !!! 
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

windscreenman1

Need some help as usual does any one know what size torx bolts are that hold pick up in place?
I have tried a 30 but it seems too slack as I don't want to knack the heads thought I better ask as a 40 is too big and I ain't got a 35  got 2 torx sets complete thanks
Mark
:hat10

Mustang

windscreenman1

Thanks mustang tried a t30 and it was slack in bolt head so I assume  that both bolts have been replaced with  t35 s
I've got 3 different t30 s and they are all slack I'm finding it difficult to find a t 35 locally may have to mail order one and some new bolts  as these are obviously incorrect thanks for the info mustang
Cheers
Mark
:notworthy

Bixxer Bob

If Mustang says it's a T30 then that's what it is.  Maybe the head is worn and all you need is a new bolt?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

windscreenman1

Yes bob I'm sure your right I would take mustang word for it they must have been changed out for t 35 s as I managed to get one today and it fit like s glove, But will be ordering a fresh pair of bolt to put back to o, e spec
Cheers
Mark
:notworthy

rybes

change em all to allen headed bolts windscreen. makes life so much easier. evey bolt on mine is now allen heads so with the addition of a set of keys and a 17 and 19mm spanner under my seat, i can strip the bike down at the side of the road if i had to  :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)